ZAO Nail Polish
Without any toxic ingredients and enriched in silica from bamboo oil, you can use these nail polishes without limitation.
ZAO nail polishes are now 10 free, with the exception of references 663-665, which are due for reformulation shortly. The new formula contains 76-80% of ingredients from natural origin by the replacement of petrochemical solvents with agro-solvents from potatoes, manioc, corn and wheat.
The composition is free of 10 harmful ingredients: toluene*, formaldehyde*, dibutyl phthalate*, formaldehyde resin, paraben, xylene*, camphor, rosin*, styrene and benzophenone.
Non toxic product: Organic water-based nail polishes chip and flake very easily, so Zao has devised a nail polish that enjoys the quality of traditional nail polishes but without the toxic chemicals, resulting in an effective and long-lasting nail polish that does not compromise your health.
Make-Up Advice: Apply one or two coats of nail polish, depending on the desired effect. Use 636 Top & Base Coat to extend the life of your nail polish and to create a glossy finish. .
Testing on animals: No testing on animals, neither on the finished product nor on ingredients
Ingredients from animal origin: None
Palm oil free: Yes
- Dibutylphthalate (Endocrine disruptor. Irritation of the eyes (lacrimation, conjunctivitis) and upperrespiratory tract (nasopharyngitis, bronchitis possible), if ingested or inhaled: headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hematuria, dizziness, photophobia (sensitivity to light) and nephrotoxicity)
- Toluene (Neurotoxic. Its vapors may be irritating to the upper respiratory tract and eyes above 100 ppm. Following repeated or prolonged contact, this product has a degreasing effect on the skin. It can cause redness, peeling and cracking. Inhalation of vapors may cause central nervous system depression.)
- Formaldehyde (Carcinogen. In 2004, IARC has classified formaldehyde as a carcinogen to humans (Group 1). In Europe, it is classified as "category 3 carcinogen" (possibly carcinogenic to humans), but after a more severe proposal of France, this classification is under review.)
- Xylene (Irritating and nerve: This product causes mild eye irritation and moderate skin irritation. Inhalation of vapors may cause central nervous system depression. Exposure to vapors may cause irritation of the eyes and upper respiratory tract. Following repeated or prolonged contact, this product has a degreasing effect on the skin. It can cause redness, scaling and cracking.)
- Colophony (rosin) (Irritating / respiratory disorders: Several cases of skin sensitization are also reported. The cases are isolated but quite varied: beauticians who applied depilatory waxes containing rosin, as well as artists who reacted to their stage makeup.)
- Synthetic Camphor (Irritation: eyes, upper respiratory tract if inhaled: decreased frequency of breathing, slow heart rate, worsened symptoms if inhaled in large doses.)
Source: CSST - Toxicological directory service (http://www.reptox.csst.qc.ca/)
Ingredients Highlight: bamboo rhizome macerate: thanks to its high content of organic silica, the bamboo macerate helps to give strength to the nails and to make them more resistant to wear and tear.
There is no need to choose between quality or organic make-up anymore...in every way Zao Make-Up has developed a range of Make-Up that is equal to if not better than conventional cosmetics, while respecting nature and your health.
Inspired by Asia, Bamboo is at the heart of Zao Make Up. Due to it's exceptional growth rate, it is a carbon capture champion during its life-cycle and it allows Zao to have a reduced carbon footprint. Bamboo is also in many of their Make-Up formulas as it is rich in organic silica, which participates in the process of producing collagen and preserves the elasticity of tissues.
Zao Products are..
100% of natural origin
Obtained by a non-polluting method.
Certified Organic - free of chemical fertilisers and pesticides, minimising soil and groundwater pollution, protecting biodiversity and taking care of your health.
Use sustainable packaging
Working on becoming a plastic free brand.
Only contains hypoallergenic and 100% natural fragrances
Zao Products are Free From...
Ingredients List (INCI):
"8 FREE" NAIL POLISHES (references 663-665) (F1): BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE ANHYDRIDE / TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE / GLYCOLS COPOLYMER, ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE, ISOPROPYL STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, PHYLLOSTACHIS BAMBUSOIDES RHIZOME EXTRACT / HELIANTHUS ANNUUS CITRIC ACID, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, MICA, SILICA, TIN OXIDE. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): CI 15850
CI 19140, CI 42090, CI 77000, CI 77007, CI 77266, CI 77491,CI 77499, CI 77510,CI 77742, CI 77891, CI77163.
"10 FREE" NAIL POLISHES (F2) SHADES 644-658 & 660-672 : BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, ISOSORBIDE DICAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, ADIPIC ACID/NEOPENTYL GLYCOL/TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE COPOLYMER, ALCOHOL, STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE, ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE, N-BUTYL ALCOHOL, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, PHOSPHORIC ACID, DIACETONE ALCOHOL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, BAMBUSA VULGARIS LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, SILICA, ETOCRYLENE. MAY CONTAIN +/-: CI 77000 (ALUMINIUM POWDER), CI 77266 (BLACK 2), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77510 (FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET), CI 77019 (MICA), CI 74160 (PIGMENT BLUE 15), CI 74260 (PIGMENT GREEN 7), CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 73360 (RED 30), CI 15880 (RED 34 LAKE), CI 12085 (RED 36), CI 77861 (TIN OXIDE), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE).
"10 FREE" NAIL POLISHES (F2) SHADE 659 : BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, ISOSORBIDE DICAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, ADIPIC ACID/NEOPENTYL GLYCOL/TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE COPOLYMER, ALCOHOL, ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE, N-BUTYL ALCOHOL, PHOSPHORIC ACID, DIACETONE ALCOHOL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, BAMBUSA VULGARIS LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, SILICA, TOCOPHEROL, CI 77266 (BLACK 2), CI 74160 (PIGMENT BLUE 15), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 15880 (RED 34 LAKE), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE).